Dental implants are one of the most sought-after makeover procedures. Have you undergone a dental implant process, or planning to do one? We assure you that your wound would recover in no more than two weeks, depending on the number of implants you got and whether you have undergone bone grafting.
Here, we will share quick facts about the dental implant recovery process.
Facts you need to know about post-dental implant surgery.
Like any other surgery, dental implants take some time to heal. Therefore, to allow the wound to heal on its own, you need to stay patient and strong. Other things to keep in mind post-surgery are as follows:
Dental Implant Recovery Diet
You would not be able to chew and consume your favorite spicy dishes for a couple of days as they might irritate the operated area. Yeah, we know that might hurt, but as soon as your wound recovers completely, you would be able to enjoy the crispiest of the chips available in the market!
For a couple of days, you can consume soft, mushy food that might include:
- Baked or boiled beans- as they are full of proteins, they would ensure you remain healthy to recover quickly.
- Bananas- They are rich in vitamins and minerals as well as help you keep yourself full.
- Avocado- Well, it is the boss of them all. Have it, and you’ll know what potential it has!
- Fish- The essential omega fats will help you recover while adding some flavor to your palette.
- Eggs- Rich sources of proteins.
- Oatmeal- Easy to chew and would keep you full for longer periods.
- Healthy Juices- Take as much liquid as possible.
The First Hour After Implant Surgery
The dentist might provide a gauze to cover the wound and ask you to bite it firmly to avoid bleeding. You can also place an icepack on the wounded area for relief.
Activities After Dental Implant Surgery
It is recommended to avoid exercise for the first couple of days after the surgery as it might incite bleeding and pain. You can do some light yoga or walk in the garden to relieve your muscles if you want.
Oral Hygiene after implant
Avoid putting a lot of pressure on the wound for a couple of days. While brushing and flossing, gently clean the area.
You would soon be able to do all that you desire once the wound heals completely. Till then, keep these pointers in mind and take rest as much as possible.