Is it difficult for you to smile for a photo because your teeth are discolored or yellowed? The teeth whitening treatment offered by Focus Dental Group may lighten your teeth, remove stains, and make your smile sparkle.request an appointment
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a typical cosmetic dentistry procedure that involves the use of whitening solutions (usually using hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide as bleaching agents) to make your teeth appear whiter and brighter.
What Causes Teeth Discoloration?
- Certain meals and beverages, such as coffee, sugar, alcohol, or tea, should be avoided.
- Tobacco products for smoking
- Inadequate dental hygiene
- Certain diseases
The Advantages of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening employs professional lightening substances to enhance the natural color of your teeth and remove stains produced by food, alcohol, smoking, or aging. The advantages of professional tooth whitening include the following:
- A more natural-looking enhancement to your teeth
- A non-invasive and gentle method for achieving a brighter smile
- A cost-effective solution
In-Office Procedures for Teeth Whitening
- Before beginning, the dentist will make a record of the present color of your teeth.
- Your teeth would then be polished using pumice, a gritty powder used to remove plaque from the surface.
- To keep your teeth dry, your mouth will be wrapped in gauze. Retractors can be used to keep your cheeks, lips, and tongue away from the whitening solution.
- A barrier would then be erected along the gumline to shield it from additional exposure to the solution.
- Following that, the teeth would be covered with a whitening solution exclusively on the front surface. As a bleaching agent, the solution usually contains either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide.
- Many whitening products necessitate the use of a curing light or laser to activate the peroxide. Depending on the brand, the solution would be placed on the teeth and left on for 30 to 60 minutes before being reapplied.
- The teeth would be rinsed once the desired color was achieved. A fluoride application may be used to alleviate any tooth sensitivity, which is a common adverse effect.
- Additional visits would be scheduled until the appropriate shade was achieved.
Following completion, you should avoid foods or beverages containing high levels of pigment for at least 24 hours. Coffee, tea, tomato sauce, tomato juice, yellow mustard, beets, black grapes, candy, and red wine are examples.
To learn more about teeth whitening treatment visit Focus Dental Group at 6770 S 900 E Suite 301, Midvale, UT 84047, or call (801) 255-7101 to book an appointment.